North American Goalie
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||December 7, 1989
||Amherst, NY, USA
- Received Guelph’s Academic Player of the Year Award and was nominated for the OHL’s Bobby Smith Award in 2007-08.
- Was the only three-time winner of the CHL Goaltender of the Week award in 2008 – he won the award on February 6th as well as on back-to-back honors on December 11th and December 18th. He was also named the OHL Goaltender of the Month for December.
- In his rookie season in 2006-07, he set the Guelph Storm all-time record for single season shutouts with five, participated in the 2007 OHL All-Star Classic and was nominated for OHL Goalie of the Year.
- Represented Team USA at the 2007 IIHF World Under-18 Championship in Finland.
- Patterns his game after Vancouver’s Roberto Luongo – “he is the best at what he does and he always competes”.
- His nickname is ‘T’ – “it was the only name the guys could think of” and he wears number 33 because he loves the number three and it’s balanced.
- He got his start in hockey when he was four years old – “I was already skating for two years and I wanted to be like the Buffalo Sabres”. He played minor hockey for the Wheatfield Blades from 1994 to 2006.
- Credits his first travel coach, Brian Dowd, for having had the most influence on his career because he instilled the importance of hard work and his advice “don’t ever stop playing until you hear the whistle” has stuck with him.
- His most memorable hockey moment was getting a shutout in his first OHL game – “it proved to me that I could play at that level” and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Patrick Roy, Grant Fuhr and Roberto Luongo.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was skating into the net during player introductions and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is “mmmBop” by the Hanson.
- If he could be in any movie he would choose Miracle and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be playing basketball.
NHL Team: Buffalo Sabres
NHL Player: Vancouver’s Roberto Luongo
Shootout move: Making a save
Practice Drill: Rebound
Video Game: Rock Band
Movie: Lucky Number Slevin
TV Show: The Simpsons
Actor: Adam Sandler
Book: Harry Potter
Pump-up song: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
Food to cook: Mac and Cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Roller hockey
Activity away from the rink: Spending time with friends
Toy growing up: Mini stick set
Place to shop: American Eagle
Place to visit: Home