The non-profit foundation is funding the Little Caesars AAA Hockey Scholarship program, which it will bestow annually, to honor an outstanding high school male (Midget Major team) and female (Girls 19 and Under) athlete and provide each of them with a $5,000 scholarship toward the college of their choice. ICC launched the hockey scholarship program in the spring of 2002. The scholarships will be awarded each year in May, and are based on one full regular season of play.
Download the Ilitch Charities for Children Hockey Scholarship application.
In order to view and print this application you must have Adobe Reader 4.0 on your computer. A FREE download is available from Adobe. Simply click the icon below!
- Current 3.0 overall grade point average or above
- A plan to attend a college or university within the next three years
- Current member of the Little Caesars AAA Hockey Club
AAA Hockey Scholarship Review Board
Ilitch Charities for Children
2211 Woodward Avenue
Detroit MI 48201-3400
Deadline is February 1, 2004 - application must be postmarked by this date. No phone calls, please.
All applicants will receive notification by mail no later than June 30, 2004. The winners will be publicly announced with a press release and via the Ilitch Holdings web site and the Little Caesars AAA Hockey Club site.
- Name and contact number
- Copy of high school transcript
- Minimum of three recommendation letters from non-family members
- Copy of SAT and ACT scores
- Resume that includes current and past community activities
- 2 - 3 page essay including background and need for the scholarship
- Any additional information needed to help with the decision-making process