The Red Wings cover the rink pink
Fans encouraged to wear pink on Oct. 12 for chance at team-signed jersey
DETROIT – The Detroit Red Wings will host their seventh annual Breast Cancer Awareness Night presented by Team Rehab on Saturday, Oct. 12, when the Philadelphia Flyers visit Joe Louis Arena at 7:00 p.m. (FOX Sports Detroit & 97.1 The Ticket).
When doors open at 5:30 p.m., the Joe Louis Arena concourse will be home to a variety of activities, including a silent auction, mystery puck draw, 50/50 raffle and a special sale of Red Wings fleece blankets with all proceeds benefiting the Karmanos Cancer Institute (Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center in Farmington Hills) and St. John Providence Health System (Liggett Breast Center in Grosse Pointe).The funds raised will help alleviate the costs of breast cancer screening and treatment for uninsured and underinsured women in the Metro Detroit area.
Fans who wear pink to the game will be entered to win a 2013-14 team-signed jersey by picking up a raffle ticket on the concourse behind Section 126. There, fans can also participate in the puck draw or bid on one of 42 unique items at the silent auction.
Six of the players’ significant others will be selling pucks as part of the mystery puck draw when doors open. For $25, fans will have a chance to draw from an assortment of 300 hockey pucks signed by members of the 2013-14 team. Each puck has been signed by a Red Wings player and packaged in a black box to conceal the autograph.
The fan who opens the box with a puck signed in gold by Jimmy Howard will meet the Red Wings starting goaltender after the game, while the fan who opens the box with a puck signed in silver by Howard will receive a one-of-a-kind autographed and framed 8” x 10” photo of the goaltender using a stick with pink hockey tape at the 2011 BCA Night.
Players will wrap their sticks with pink hockey tape for use during the pre-game warmups on Tuesday. These items will then be autographed as the players exit the ice and auctioned off on the concourse. In addition to the sticks, other unique autographed game-used memorabilia and experiential packages available at the concourse auction include:
• Pair of tickets to Winter Classic game at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1, 2014
• 2013-14 team-signed Winter Classic replica jersey
• Defenseman Brendan Smith’s tickets to a 2013-14 game and a post-game meet and greet
• Framed piece with three 8” x 10” photos signed by Detroit Tigers star Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg
• 2013-14 team-signed Jimmy Howard goalie stick
• $150 gift certificate to D.Tour Spa and a spa gift basket courtesy of MotorCity Casino & Hotel
• Variety of Red Wings experiences, including the opportunity to ride the zamboni at a Red Wings game
Other BCA Night activities include:
• The first 7,500 fans to visit the giveaway tables on the concourse will receive a special Red Wings breast cancer awareness tote bag courtesy of Team Rehab
• Fans can purchase black fleece blankets with a pink and white Winged Wheel logo for $25 (cash and check only) behind Section 112 on the concourse.
• The Red Wings will honor those affected by breast cancer by hosting 40 patients and survivors in Suites #6 and #7 and they will all receive a special gift bag with Red Wings and breast cancer awareness items enclosed.
• Captain Henrik Zetterberg will host breast cancer patients along with their families in the Zetterberg Foundation Suite.
• A portion of the Detroit Red Wings Foundation’s 50/50 raffle on Saturday will benefit the St. John Hospital’s Liggett Breast Center in Grosse Pointe. Volunteers from the medical center will be on hand to sell raffle tickets – 3 tickets for $5 – to raise money for the cause.
About Team Rehabilitation:
Team Rehabilitation is a network of therapist owned outpatient clinics. There are 26 locations throughout Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties. Team Rehab provides physical therapy, aqua therapy and occupational medicine and specializes in treatment of the neck, back, shoulder and knee. For more information, please call (586) 416-9100 or visit www.team-rehab.com.