Players, alumni to attend Sorisho benefit
Tickets still available for Nov. 20 fundraiser for injured prep player
DETROIT – Red Wings players Danny DeKeyser, Jimmy Howard, Mikael Samuelsson and Stephen Weiss will be joined by coach Mike Babcock along with alumni Ted Lindsay, Kris Draper, Chris Osgood and Kirk Maltby at a benefit held on the covered ice at Compuware Arena in Plymouth, Mich., on Nov. 20, at 6 p.m.
This event will raise money for medical, home modification and mobility equipment expenses that Matt Sorisho, a senior at Novi Detroit Catholic Central High School, faces after suffering a serious injury during a hockey tournament that left him with life-changing spinal cord injuries, which are estimated to be over $500,000 in the first year.
Tickets are still available to the event for $100 and can be purchased online by visiting this website. The event will feature a large assortment of auction items, including packages donated by the Red Wings:
• Opportunity for two to attend the Winter Classic and the Red Wings practice at Michigan Stadium on Dec. 31
• Dinner at Andiamo with Ken Holland, Mike Babcock, Chris Chelios, Kris Draper and Ken Holland
• Two lower-bowl tickets to Nicklas Lidstrom Night on March 6
• Four tickets to a Red Wings home game with a post-game locker room tour and meet and greet with Mike Babcock
• 2013-14 team-signed Winter Classic jersey
• Six players’ game-used, team-signed hockey sticks
WHERE: Compuware Arena, 14900 Beck Rd., Plymouth, MI 48170
WHEN: 6-7 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013