The combination of such a small, powerful package hadn't been seen in the National Hockey League before the arrival of Ted Lindsay, and it hasn't been seen since. At 5-foot-8 and 160 pounds, not only could he hold his own in fights and in the corners, but Terrible Ted was also a gifted offensive player, who set records for a left wing and made up one third of the Red Wings’ famed Production Line of the 1940s and 50s. He retired after 17 NHL seasons, and entered the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1966 as a four-time Stanley Cup champion and the 1950 recipient of the Art Ross Trophy.
"Seven: A Salute to Ted Lindsay" — through unique photographs and words — captures what Lindsay has meant to a storied franchise, teammates, the NHLPA, a legion of loyal fans and the entire hockey world.
As the third book in Olympia Entertainment’s “Legends of Hockey” series — "Seven: A Salute to Ted Lindsay" is the definitive Ted Lindsay book.
"Seven: A Salute to Ted Lindsay" includes some of the following chapters:
• The Son also Rises — Lindsay follows his father’s path to an NHL career
• Earning his Wings — Only 19, Lindsay battles for spot in Wings roster
• Terrible Ted — Lindsay quickly establishes reputation as the NHL’s most feared
• A Fiery Leader — Named captain, Lindsay leads Wings to consecutive Stanley Cups
• Players' Activist — After seeking to establish a players’ association, Lindsay is traded
• Hockeytown Homecoming — Lindsay comes out of retirement, rejoins Red Wings
• Always a Wing — The love affair between Terrible Ted and Detroit never ended
• Giving Back — An enduring Detroit legend, Lindsay has never forgotten his roots
• Over 160-pages chronicling Terrible Ted’s illustrious life-long journey on and off the ice
• Hundreds of never-seen before photos from Lindsay’s collection
• Comprehensive statistics and fun facts about Lindsay’s career
• Retail Price — $20 US
• Published by the Detroit Red Wings
"Seven: A Salute to Ted Lindsay" captures what Lindsay has meant to a storied franchise, teammates, a legion of loyal fans and the entire hockey world. The book is now available at Joe Louis Arena, Hockeytown Cafe and Hockeytown Authentics, next to the Troy Sports Arena. The book can also be purchased by calling 1-800-WINGS-25.As the third book in Olympia Entertainment’s “Legends of Hockey” series — "Seven: A Salute to Ted Lindsay" is the definitive Ted Lindsay book, making it a must-have collectible for every hockey fan and collector.