We ask that everyone please follow these guidelines to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves on DetroitRedWings.com!
1. Abuse: We do not allow flaming, player or poster bashing or baiting (insults) of any sort whether it be acting or physical appearance, profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual orientation slurs. We do not allow sexually-oriented material, nude avatars or any other offensive material on the site. We reserve the right to remove postings that defame, insult or are abusive to any poster or player, without question. We encourage you to use constructive criticism and tact. Debate/ argue the point, don't argue with the poster!
3. The moderators try to ensure our site is a place where all can be comfortable. Due to the overwhelming amount of posts daily, we may miss the odd 'bad post'. If you happen along a post that violates our guidelines, click the anonymous Report a Bad Post feature. Staff will be notified and will look into it further. DetroitRedWings.com (or Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club) may monitor discussions but we are not under obligation to review each and every post. We expect posters to behave in a mature and courteous manner.
4. Copyright Laws: You can assume that almost anything you find online is copy written. You must have copyright ownership of all material that you post on our message boards. No articles, spoilers, bios or graphics can be posted without the express written consent of the copyright holder. Please transfer any articles or spoilers into your own words before you post. We reserve the right to remove anything that is copied without question. We do not allow links posted to other soap sites, forums, fan sites, etc.
All content on DetroitRedWings.com is the property of the Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club. Reproduction in any form without permission is strictly prohibited. Linking to DetroitRedWings.com news articles, spoilers or updates is permitted. You acknowledge that Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club does not control the information available in the interactive forums and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any interactive forum are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Please note that we cannot confirm the veracity of any poster’s identity (i.e. we make no guarantees that any poster is who or what they say they are).
6. Good etiquette online means that you DON'T USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS when you post! You may use a few words capitalized, to add to your post, or the bold, and italics buttons. Using all caps can result in post removal.
7. Do not double post. This is called spamming. We don't tolerate this, and if you do this, your post will be removed and you may be as well. Useless posts (including ‘bumping’ threads) with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time. Writers will bump at their own discretion.
8. You participate at your own risk on the message boards. DetroitRedWings.com takes no responsibility for the content or opinions posted here, nor do we control the information available in the interactive forums and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any interactive forum are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Please note that we cannot confirm the veracity of any poster’s identity (i.e. we make no guarantees that any poster is who or what they say they are). You take full responsibility for postings under your identification. You also agree to take responsibility for any offline issues you may have with another poster. We do not get involved in offline disputes. While we are open to feedback, public debate about how the boards are administered is discouraged. Keep in mind that we offer these message boards as a free service to their users and are not accountable in the way that elected officials are to their tax-paying constituency. Please contact us directly by email here to share your complaints or admin ideas. Although we do take them seriously, and read every email, we reserve the right not to reply. When mailing us with concerns, you must provide us with a short description of the problem and if relevant, please include message URLs (links).
9. DetroitRedWings.com reserves the right to remove any posts or threads without reason. This includes non-bash threads, aka Fan Only threads, which must be approved by a Writer/Admin. We do what we can to keep the boards clean and reserve the right to remove posters if they are found to consistently not follow DetroitRedWings.com's guidelines. We may or may not give warning, depending on the violation.
10. We reserve the right to remove any member from the boards without warning (banning) for any reason without notice or explanation. Posting on our boards is a privilege, not a right. While banning is done infrequently, if you try to circumvent a ban, we may take further action. If you post on behalf of a banned member, you may also be banned. You may email us for an explanation, but we are not obligated to respond. (In most cases, people know why they are banned.). We do not, however, delete screen names at request. Once you've registered with DetroitRedWings.com we do not permit you to change your username or create multiple accounts. If we find that you have more than one account, we'll delete any extras as we see fit.
11. A word on censorship and “freedom of speech”: The US Bill of Rights allows citizens the right to free speech in a public forum without limitations imposed by the State. (”Congress shall make no law… abridging the freedom of speech.”) The Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club sites are not “public forums”; these sites are private forums open to the public. As a general rule, however, we uphold the ideals of the Constitution and do not condone the censorship of ideas. We allow relatively free and open discussion for most topics but we adhere to a simple tenet of respect. When in doubt, please remember this golden rule of message board etiquette: It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it.
** Remember, use your common sense when posting and have a fantastic time at DetroitRedWings.com!
**These rules are subject to change**