Contests and Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Employees of Olympia Entertainment, Inc., Detroit Red Wings, Inc., the National Hockey Hockey League, and its Member Clubs, Farmers Insurance Exchange and its affiliates, Farmers Group, Inc., and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such entities employees are not eligible. Participation constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: Farmers Insurance Group, 28850 Cabot Drive #900, Novi, MI 48377 and Detroit Red Wings, Inc., 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, MI 48226.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins Monday, April 1 , 2013 at 12:00pm EST and ends at 12:00 p.m. EST on Friday, April 19, 2013.
4. How to Enter: Participants may enter the Sweepstakes by one of the following methods: Facebook or Twitter Entry Method: Participant may enter the Sweepstakes via their Facebook or Twitter account. The use of Facebook or Twitter is free of charge, but Participant must have a valid Facebook or Twitter account to enter. Participants may enter by visiting the Official Detroit Red Wings Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DETROITREDWINGS and directly sharing the digital image of the Farmers Insurance Yard Sign which can be found under the “Photos” section on the Official Detroit Red Wing Facebook page or Participant can retweet the digital image of the Farmers Insurance Yard Sign with the hash tag #FarmersLovesDRW from the Official Detroit Red Wings Twitter Page at https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings. The digital image of the Farmers Insurance Yard Sign is located in the “View all photos and videos” section of the Detroit Red Wings twitter account. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different, identities, registrations or any other methods will void that Participant's entries and that Participant may be disqualified. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Facebook and/or Twitter accounts. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate or manipulate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different Facebook or Twitter accounts, identities or any other methods may void that participant’s entry. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
Alternate Entry Method: To manually enter the Contest (an “Alternate Entry”) you must submit an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the digital Farmers Insurance Yard sign image. Within the e-mail you must include your name, address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number. All other Alternate Entries will be void. Only one Alternate Entry per person, per email. If more than one Alternate Entry is in an e-mail, all Alternate Entries in the e-mail will be void. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of Alternate Entries will be void. Proof of sending or submitting an Alternate Entry is not proof of receipt of such Alternate Entry by Sponsors. Alternative entries must be received by April 19, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. EST. These entries will not be posted on Facebook.
ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER PARTICIPANT.
5. Prize Drawings: Sponsors will conduct one hundred (100) random drawings among qualified Participants to select the one hundred (100) winners (individually and/or collectively “Winner(s)”). The Prize drawings will take place on April 19, 2013; Entries must be received by noon on the date of the drawing. Odds of being a Winner will depend upon the total number of entries received at the time of the drawing.
6. Prize: Each randomly selected Winner will receive the following prize: Two (2) tickets to the Detroit Red Wing’s game on April 25, 2013 at Joe Louis Arena (the “Prize”). The total retail value of each Prize (two (2) tickets) is $_90. The cash value of the Prizes will not be awarded. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize with another Prize of greater or equal value in the event that the Prize is unavailable due to any factor beyond the Sponsors reasonable control. Transportation to and from the game and parking is not included. Sponsors are not responsible if any game is postponed or canceled and Winner accepts the Prize subject to all conditions printed on the admission ticket. Prizes are awarded “As Is”. Sponsor does not make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with the Sweepstakes or any Prize.
7. Release: By receipt of any Prize, each Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Olympia Entertainment, Inc., the National Hockey League and its Member Clubs and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Winner’s consent to Sponsors and their respective agents to use of each Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, illicit activity, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this or any provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, traffic congestion, delay or disconnections in phone lines or Internet or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or failure of any Twitter or Facebook account; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Participant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason. Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
12. Winners List: For the names of Winners, available after April 19, 2013, please send a self addressed, stamped envelope to Farmers Insurance Group, Attn: “Farmers Insurance Loves the Red Wings Digital Yard Sign Contest” Winners List, 28850 Cabot Drive #900, Novi, MI 48377.
13. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self addressed, stamped envelope to Farmers Insurance Group, Attn: “Farmers Insurance Loves the Red Wings Digital Yard Sign Contest” Official Rules, 28850 Cabot Drive #900, Novi, MI 48377.