Contests and Rules
- Allstate Insurance Good Hands Player of the Month Sweepstakes Official Rules
- Jack Link's Wild Wednesday Official Rules
NO PURCHASE ON QUOTE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, QUOTE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Allstate Good Hands Player of the Month Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Michigan who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Detroit Red Wings, Inc., the National Hockey League and its member clubs, Allstate Insurance Company and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such entity are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: Allstate Insurance Company, 2775 Sanders Road, Northbrook, IL 60062 and Detroit Red Wings, Inc., 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, Michigan 48201
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins February 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM EDT and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on February 19, 2014. Sponsors’ computer will be the official time-keeping device for the sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: 1) Visit DetroitRedWings.com/goodhands to vote for the “Goods Hand Player of the Month”. You will be directed to enter your name, a valid email address, a valid phone number, and a valid mailing address in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods may void that participant’s entry. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Limit one (1) entry per person/address/email address for the entirety of the sweepstakes; or
2) ALTERNATE ENTRY: To manually enter the Sweepstakes (an “Alternate Entry”), print name, address, city, state, zip code and telephone number and your vote for the Good Hands Player of the Month for on a 4x6 note card and mail the Alternate Entry via first class mail to: Detroit Red Wings, Inc., Good Hands Player of the Month, 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, Michigan 48226 before February 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Only Alternate Entries sent via first class U.S Mail will be accepted. All other Alternate Entries will be void. Any Alternate Entries received postage-due will automatically be void. Only one (1) Alternate Entry per envelope. If more than one (1) Alternate Entry is in an envelope, all Alternate Entries in the envelope will be void. Only one (1) entry per person. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of Alternate Entries will be void. Proof of sending or submitting an Alternate Entry is not proof of receipt of such Alternate Entry by Sponsors.
5. Drawings: Sponsors will conduct one (1) random drawing among qualified entrants to select one (1) grand prize winner. The drawing will take place on February 20, 2014; Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EDT on February 19, 2014. Odds of being a winner will depend upon the total number of entries received at the time of the drawing.
Selection of Winner: Prior to receiving Prizes, Winners may be required to provide tax identification numbers and other information reasonably necessary to enable Sponsors to fulfill any tax reporting requirements and confirm in writing in a form reasonably required by Sponsors that Winner and/or its guests meet the eligibility requirements. Winner may also, at Sponsors’ discretion, be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and except where prohibited by law, a publicity release form (“affidavit/release”), or such other documentation as Sponsors may deem reasonably necessary within 48 hours of receipt. If a Winner cannot be contacted, declines the prize, is not eligible to accept the prize, or fails to provide the information referred to above or other information that may be required by law within the required time period, he/she shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. In the event that a Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors may, at their sole discretion, award the Prize to an alternate Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
6. Prize: Grand Prize winner will receive the following prize: Two (2) tickets to a Detroit Red Wings hockey game on a predetermined date and time. ARV: $140.00. Dinner for two (2) in the Olympia Club at Joe Louis Arena prior to the game. ARV: $50.00. A pair of hockey gloves, with an autograph on one glove by the January Good Hands Player of the Month. ARV: $200. Total value of a prize is $390. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsors or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing. Difference between actual value and stated value will not be awarded. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. The tickets to the Detroit Red games does not include, parking, transportation, and/or lodging.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, the National Hockey League and its member clubs and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsors and their respective agents use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, illicit activity, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: By entering this Contest, Entrants and Winners agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; (6) any injury, loss or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or any other Contest-related activity; or (7) unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information, and/or invasion of privacy. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsors at their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
12. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Winners List: For the name of winner, available after February 20, 2014, visit www.detroitredwings.com
14. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self addressed, stamped envelope to Detroit Red Wings, 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, Michigan 48201, Attn: Good Hands Player of the Month. Official entry form and a copy of the Official Rules may be found at www.detroitredwings.com
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Jack Links Wild Wednesdays (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to residents of Michigan 18 years of age or older (“Participant”) Employees of Detroit Red Wings, Inc., the National Hockey League, and its Member Clubs, Jack Links, and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such entities employees are not eligible. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSORS: Jack Links and Detroit Red Wings, Inc.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins Friday, October 4, 2013 at 5:00pm EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, April 6, 2014.
Facebook/Twitter: Participant may be required to have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, which are free. Participants may enter by visiting the Official Detroit Red Wings Facebook page and or Twitter page and click on the link DetroitRedWings.com/WildWednesdays. Each Participant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her name, address, e-mail address, age and related registration information as prompted (“Official Entry Form”) and upload a photo of of the Wild Wednesday Theme (“Wild Wednesday”) (each week during the entry period a new theme will posted) (Participant must have full rights of the photo). Limit one (1) entry per person per week or per “Wild Wednesday”. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different, identities, registrations or any other methods will void that Participant's entries and that Participant may be disqualified. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Facebook and/or Twitter accounts. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different Facebook or Twitter accounts, identities or any other methods may void that participant’s entry. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
Alternate Entry: To manually enter the Sweepstakes (an “Alternate Entry”), you must submit an e-mail to email@example.com that includes the Wild Wednesday photo and your name, address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number. All other Alternate Entries will be void. Only one Alternate Entry per person, per email. If more than one Alternate Entry is in an e-mail, all Alternate Entries in the e-mail will be void. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of Alternate Entries will be void. Proof of sending or submitting an Alternate Entry is not proof of receipt of such Alternate Entry by Sponsors. Alternative entries must be received by April 7 2014 at 9:00 a.m. EST.
5. DRAWINGS: Sponsors will conduct thirty nine (39) random drawings among qualified Participants to select the thirty nine (39) winners. The drawings will take place each Monday at 9:30 a.m. during the Sweepstakes period.; Entries must be received by 9:00 a.m. on the date of the drawing(s). Odds of being a winner will depend upon the total number of entries received per Wild Wednesday Theme at the time of the drawing.
6. PRIZES: Each randomly selected winner will receive the following prize: Two (2) tickets to a predetermined Detroit Red Wing’s regular season home at Joe Louis Arena. The retail value or actual value of the prizes will not be awarded. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that the prize is unavailable due to any factor beyond the Sponsors reasonable control. Transportation to and from the game and parking is not included. Sponsors are not responsible if any game is postponed or canceled and each winner accepts the prize subject to all conditions printed on the admission ticket.
7. GENERAL PHOTO CONDITIONS: Photos must include the Wild Wednesday theme. All Photos must be in digital format and submitted via link provided above. Any photos not depicting the Wild Wednesday theme will be disqualified. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not transfer ownership of the rights in the images submitted, but constitutes the grant of the license to Sponsors; Sponsors are under no obligation to, and will not, return photographs. All Participants must confirm their ownership of the photograph(s), that Participant holds all rights to the intellectual property, that they received verbal consent from all individuals (subjects) depicted in the photograph (or no objection from the subject, who was clearly aware that the Participant was taking the photograph), that they have no reason to believe that the subject would object to the Participant’s entering the photograph into the Sweepstakes
8. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsors (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsor are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sponsors and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsors makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the sweepstakes, the Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of Participants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including Participants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not responsible for injury or damage to Participant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using the Sweepstakes Site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason including by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in its sole discretion to select a new potential winner from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes appropriately. All taxes in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099, or other appropriate tax document, in the event the average retail value requires Sponsor to submit such form. Prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, each potential prize winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, each prize winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. By entering this Sweepstakes electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, Participants consent and agree to the Sponsors’ collection and use of the Participant’s information for the administration of this Sweepstakes and agree to Sponsors’ use of Participant information for the purpose of contacting Participant in relation to this Sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, Participants are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
10. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants release and hold the Sponsor, and any affiliated entities including parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertisers, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation causes of action, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the Participants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use Participant of the Prize. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Facebook or Twitter and all Participants agree to release and hold harmless Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability associated with or arising out of the Sweepstakes.
11 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Sweepstakes Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE RELEASE GRANTED BY PARTICIPANTS HEREIN, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2)UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE,INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3)PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Michigan. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
13. AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: Each Winner must claim the prize in person and must present proper identification in order to receive winnings. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
© Winner: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, Jack Links Wild Wednesdays”, 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, Michigan 482226.