- Made his Preds debut on Thursday night against St. Louis, posting 6:59 of ice time and two hits.
- Had five points (2g-3a) in 23 games with Detroit this season, and six points (4g-2a) in eight games with the Grand Rapids.
- The former 20-goal scorer (2005-06 with the Senators), has amassed 146 points (74g-72a) in 439 NHL games with Ottawa, Carolina and Detroit in nine NHL seasons.
- The two-time All-American at Boston College. Recorded 107 points (47-60-107) in 84 games with Boston College Eagles (2002-05)
- Was Ottawa’s first pick, 29th overall (first round), in the 2003 Entry Draft held at Bridgestone Arena
- His father, Mike, who played for Minnesota and Calgary and coached Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, is the current head coach at University of Wisconsin. His brother Ben played in the Preds system during the 2009-10 season.
- Titles won: 2004 World Junior Championship
Entering his sixth NHL season and second with the Red Wings...Won a gold medal representing the United States at the 2004 World Junior Championships, registering one goal and five assists in six games…Has also played for the Ottawa Senators and the Carolina Hurricanes during his career…Has 13 career multi-point games.